💖 Love is in the air and wallets are ringing cashless. I don’t know if people have noticed how expensive things are on Valentine’s Day?
Seriously how can a teddy bear that usually costs R80 on a normal day, cost R 250 on Valentine’s Day? Or go into a restaurant and all they’re serving is a set menu that is R300 per person… seriously? No one needs to take out a loan for one day guys.
I honestly feel like we have really lost the true meaning of what Saint Valentine’s Day is. Buying expensive gifts, and going out for dinner all in one day and after that, what, things go back to normal? 🤦🏾
As a personal preference, Sean and I don’t celebrate valentine’s day and these are some of the reasons why;
- It’s all Expensive! 💸💳💰
- Teddy bears
- Restaurants are all crowded and packed
- PDA (public displays of affection) are on level 1 million – because everyone is so “in love”
- Everyone is dressed in red (which is a hit I guess)
- And why wait for that day to go all out, why not any other random day?
- If one person forgets to buy a gift then it’s drama
- Poems can get a little soppy, I mean quoting William Shakespeare is never a good idea
Waiting til after V-Day is also an option. I mean has it really lost its sentimental value after the day? Surely it’s the thought that counts? I don’t know, I am just trying to help some fellas spend less cash. 🤷🏾
I know some of these reasons are quite stupid as I said they are our reasons and we just prefer to be different, but this year because it’s our last Saint Valentine’s Day in South Africa, we might just do something different! ❣